CSO confirmed availability of PMS, laud Kyari

Date:

From: Femi Oyelola, Kaduna

A group under the umbrella of Coalition for Civil Society Organisations, said it has confirmed the availability of petroleum products at Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) and asked Motorists to avoid panic buying.
Recalled that on Thursday, many filling stations across the country witnessed long queues due to scarcity of Premium supply.
But the Coalition of the CSOs in its reaction to the development, said it has confirmed the availability of products from the NNPCL management, which was caused by logistics issues that were later resolved.
The Coalition of Civil Society Organisations which disclosed this in a press statement made available to journalists in Kaduna said now that NNPC attributed the logistics problem as the major cause of the queues, there should be no need for any tension.
In the statement signed by Comrade Abdullahi Ibrahim Gimba, the CSOs, therefore appealed to motorists to be patient, because NNPCL as the sole importer of petrol has enough products.
While commending the Group Chief Executive Officer of NNPCL, Mal. Mele Kyari for the swift efforts to address the logistics problem and measures taken so far to revive the national oil company and resume full production, the CSOs described as unfortunate, the situation, where the black marketers capitalised on the glitch to exploit motorists and other residents that jostled to buy at prices ranging between N1000 and N1200 per litre.
“It is unhealthy that this happened when many Nigerians are anticipating a crash in prices of PMS. The idea of an increase in the cost of the product to an average of N700/litre at stations owned by independent marketers during this critical period of hardship is unacceptable” it emphasized.
The statement further reads: “We read the reaction of NNPCL on the fuel scarcity problem via the Press Statement issued by Chief Corporate Communications Officer, NNPC, Olufemi Soneye, who also confirmed that the scarcity was due to issues around logistics that have been resolved. “

READ MORE  Fintiri expresses satisfaction with construction of fly over

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Improved Security Driving Kaduna’s Growth Surge — Sule Shu’aibu, SAN

Kaduna State's decisive security gains are translating into economic...

Re: Northern Security Trust Fund: ₦1bn is a beginning, not the solution

Re: Northern Security Trust Fund: ₦1bn is a beginning,...

Sokoto PWA Announces ₦7.67m Final Fare for 2027 Hajj

Sokoto PWA Announces ₦7.67m Final Fare for 2027 Hajj From...

NDLEA destroys N301bn cocaine, heroin, other illicit drugs in Lagos

NDLEA destroys N301bn cocaine, heroin, other illicit drugs in...