Several US fighter jets crash in Kuwait, says defence ministry

Date:

Several US fighter jets crash in Kuwait, says defence ministry
File photo of strike fighter squadron (VFA) 151 aboard USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) in the Arabian Sea
facebook sharing button The Kuwait ministry of defence says several United States military aircraft crashed this morning in the Middle Eastern country.
It is unclear what caused the crash but a defence ministry spokesperson confirmed the “complete safety” of the aircraft’s crew members in a statement.
The exact number of warplanes or crew members involved in the crash is also not clear.
According to the statement, authorities evacuated and transferred the crew to a hospital for medical care after search and rescue procedures.

READ MORE  India’s Modi government under growing pressure as ‘cockroach’ protests intensify

The statement described the condition of crew members as “stable”.

“Concerned authorities are following up on the investigations to determine the causes of the incident,” the statement added.

Earlier, a social media video showed a fighter jet on fire crashing over Kuwait near a US air base.

It was unclear why the aircraft crashed or which air force the plane belonged to, but a CNN analysis showed that the twin-engine fighter jet in the video was consistent with a US F-15E Strike Eagle. The fighter pilot ejected and landed safely.

Iran claimed responsibility for the shot-down jet.

So far, three US soldiers have been killed and five more injured since the US and Israel launched collaborative strikes against Iran on Saturday morning.

READ MORE  Canada federal election: How much trouble is Trudeau in?

US President Donald Trump vowed to avenge their deaths but warned there would probably be more casualties before the war ends.

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Sultan Urges Peaceful Coexistence For National Progress 

Sultan Urges Peaceful Coexistence For National Progress  By Bashir Rabe...

Kebbi ADC Appoints Campaign Council 

Kebbi ADC Appoints Campaign Council    The Gubernatorial Candidate of the...

Kebbi Releases N2.07bn to Boost Tertiary Education, Approves Staff Allowances

Kebbi Releases N2.07bn to Boost Tertiary Education, Approves Staff...

Yobe Sets 3 Million-Tree Target in Fresh Battle Against Desertification

  From Muhammad Maitela, Damaturu The Yobe State Government has launched...