Lagos: Police arrest two boys over homosexualism

Date:

From Matthew Aramunde, Lagos

The Lagos state Police Command has arrested two teenage boys, Gideon Harrison and Ifeanyi Ezeorji, for allegedly having sex with each other in the Ikotun area of Lagos.
It was gathered that while Harrison is 19 years old, Ezeorji is just 14. Our correspondent gathered that the two boys were arrested on October 23 by the Ikotun Police Division. According to the police, Harrison and Ezeorji had sex with each other through the anus, an act known as sodomy.
Our correspondent also gathered that while Ezeorji was a Senior Secondary School pupil 1 in Igando High School, Ikotun Road, Harrison had finished secondary school education.
It was learnt that the complainant, one Toheeb Adekunle, who stays on Muka Street, Ijegun Road and works inside the Ikotun Motor Park, caught the two boys in the act, and reported the matter to the police. Adekunle was said to have told the police that Harrison had the habit of sleeping with boys in the area.
When our correspondent visited the area on Friday, a police source said the two boys had been taken to the State Criminal Investigations Department, Yaba, adding that they would be charged to court soon.
At Ezeorji’s family apartment on Oladunjoye Street, Ikotun, his mother, Mrs. Chinyere Ezeorji, told Peoples Daily that her son was a responsible boy who would never indulge in such an act. She added that he is still a virgin.
The Lagos state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, while confirming the arrest of the boys, said the suspects had also been charged to court.
He said, “Yes, they were arrested by the Ikotun Police Division, and they have been charged to court. In law, this offence is called sodomy, and it carries with it about seven to 14 years imprisonment if found guilty, going by an Act of the National Assembly.
“You know, it is even against culture and religion. The Christian, Islamic and even the traditional religions condemn this in its entirety. So, the case has been taken to court.”

READ MORE  Ebola: Death toll rises to 4,447, 80,000 more could die in 2 months, says WHO

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

KCTC Provides N12m Free Radiotherapy Treatment to 10 Indigent Cancer Patients in Kano

From Mustapha Adamu, Kano The Kano Cancer Treatment Centre (KCTC)...

Prof. Abdulkadir Junaidu Elected Provost of College of Veterinary Surgeons of Nigeria

From Bashir Rabe Mani, Sokoto Professor Abdulkadir Usman Junaidu of...

Electrocution Survivor Appeals to Taraba Govt for Prosthetic Hands, Job

By Godwin Agia, Jalingo A student of the Taraba State...

FCT RUWASSA Commissions Gender-Friendly Toilet Facility in Kwaita

Charman kwali Area Council Hon.Nuhu Daniel cutting the ribbon. By...