Abduljabbar not poisoned, he is hale and herty, says NCS

Date:

From Mustapha Adamu, Kano

 

The Nigerian Correctional Service, NCS, Kano state command, has debunked the rumours making the round that the fiery Kano-based Islamic cleric, Abduljabbar Nasiru-Kabara has been poisoned.

DAILY NIGERIAN reports that speculations were rife on Thursday that the cleric, who had been remanded at the correctional centre on Monday, has been poisoned and bleeding in jail.

In a swift reaction, the correctional service, through its spokesman, DSC Musbahu Kofar-Nassarawa, described the report as a malicious and false.

According to him, the embattled cleric is hale and herty as he was granted request to feed himself from the food brought from his house, adding that since brought to the custody, he Mr Nasiru-Kabara had never eaten the food cooked at the correctional centre.

READ MORE  Osinbajo chairs tripartite committee meeting on communication

“Sheikh Abduljabbar Kabara is accorded the awaiting trial privileged of eating food prepared for him by his family and even the water he drinks are all from his family that supply that and gives to him after inspection by the Correctional centre officers,” Kofar-Nassarawa said.

He stated that when Mr Nasiru-Kabara’s son brought food to him in the morning, he expressed displeasure about the rumour, saying “our family have been sad about this sad development which we later found out it is a lie.”

Kofar-Nassarawa attributed the rumour to a lawyer, adding that investigation had since been launched to identify him and summon him for questioning on how he got the false information of Mr Nasiru-Kabara’s illness.

READ MORE  Agbim has no business in Eagles squad, says Babayaro

Mr Kofar-Nassarawa also stated that “the only lawyer standing for Abduljabbar is Rabiu Shuiabu Abdullahi and he too has debunked the rumour,”

Mr Kofar-Nassarawa therefore called on the general public to disregard the rumour, which according to him, “is a figment of the imagination of the author.”

Recall that Mr Nasiru-Kabara is standing trial for blasphemy and incitement charges at Kano shirah court.

He had been remanded at the state correctional centre for continuation of his trial on July 28.

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

READ MORE  Nigeria in age of digitization: Cashless policy, naira redesign, response to emerging economic, security realities

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Prof. Abdulkadir Junaidu Elected Provost of College of Veterinary Surgeons of Nigeria

From Bashir Rabe Mani, Sokoto Professor Abdulkadir Usman Junaidu of...

Electrocution Survivor Appeals to Taraba Govt for Prosthetic Hands, Job

By Godwin Agia, Jalingo A student of the Taraba State...

FCT RUWASSA Commissions Gender-Friendly Toilet Facility in Kwaita

Charman kwali Area Council Hon.Nuhu Daniel cutting the ribbon. By...

Nigeria’s headline inflation rate falls to 15.43%, as food index rises

Nigeria’s headline Inflation rate fell for the second consecutive...