Hajj 2017: No Nigerian jailed in Saudi – NAHCON

Date:

By Umar Muhammad Puma

 

Chairman National Hajj Commission of Nigeria NAHCON Abdullahi Muktar has denied media report that a Nigerian Pilgrim from Sokoto was jailed for 3 month in Saudi Arabia

 

Media had earlier reported that Lawal Yar-tsakuwa, the Secretary of Goronyo LGA,  in Sokoto state. found a white pilgrim’s missing waist purse inside the Grand mosque. And that It was also said that Mamman Kwakwazo reportedly refused to give back the purse to the owner who was said to have seen it with him immediately he (the owner) lost it.

 

However, speaking at a dinner in Makka with the members of the national media team, state public relation officers and media practitioners serving with the state pilgrims welfare boards, thanked  journalists for a wonderful coverage of this year’s hajj rites, added that  criticisms and recommendations will be welcomed by the commission to help identify areas that need improvements.

READ MORE  Families Day:FG empowers 100 families in distress

 

While wishing the media team journey mercies on their return  back home, he announced that so far 36 flights have left Saudi Arabia to Nigeria with over 14 000 pilgrims evacuated, adding that there was no single cancellation of flight this year.

 

He also tasked the pen professionals to always keep in touch with the commission to verify accurate information before going to press.

 

He also announced that already 2018 hajj preparation has began. “We have sent our team to Madina to book for accommodation for next year’s hajj. We have also resolved to ensure more befitting accommodation in Makka.

READ MORE  Coronavirus: China reports 150 new deaths

 

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Radda Flags Off Distribution of $1.7m Medical Supplies, Equipment

Katsina State Governor, Malam Dikko Umaru Radda, on Saturday...

ECOWAS Stabilisation Mission in Guinea-Bissau Boosts Troops ’ Fitness, Camaraderie

ECOWAS Stabilisation Mission in Guinea-Bissau Boosts Troops ’ Fitness,...

Tinubu felicitates Victoria Gowon at 80

By Egena Sunday Ode President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has...

At 28, Osborn Umahi Emerges Ohaozara Council Chairman

Engr. Osborn Nweze Umahi has emerged chairman of Ohaozara...