Police arrest 5 over killing of married woman in Kano

Date:

By Mustapha Adamu, Kano

Kano State Police Command on Monday said it has arrested five suspects in connection with murder of a married woman, Rukayya Mustapha, in her matrimonial home at Danbare, Kumbotso Local Government Area of the state.

Mrs Mustapha, 21-year-old was found dead in her house when her husband, Jamilu Abdulkadir returned home around 9:00pm on Saturday.

Her children, ages three and one, were said to have been beaten ruthlessly by the yet-to-be identified assailants.

Speaking to journalists when he accompanied the Deputy Governor of the state, Dr Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna to pay a condolence visit on the husband and family of the deceased, the Commissioner of Police, Sama’ila Shuaibu Dikko said five suspects have so far been arrested and search for others is ongoing.

READ MORE  Troops Intercept Drug Trafficker Conveying 235kg Cannabis

He added that security agencies are on course to unravel the mystery behind the heinous act, assuring that the culprits, wherever they run, would be nabbed and face the wrath of the law.

“We will make sure sincerely and honestly the right thing is done and the culprits are brought to the book,” he assured.

Earlier, Gawuna, at the family house of the deceased, condoled with them and assured that justice would be done to their daughter and her children.

 Gawuna, who represented Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, vowed that the case would be thoroughly investigated and the perpetrators of the criminal act to would face justice.

READ MORE  Rivers’ Allocation: Timi Frank accuses Tinubu of plot to remove Governor Fubara

Gawuna, was visibly touched by the incident, said he was instructed by Governor Ganduje to pay the condolence visit because he was not in town for an official assignment.

He also disclosed that the Governor had directed security agencies to quickly launch investigation into the matter in order to ensure justice to the families of the deceased, the good people of Kano and the country at large.

‘Upon hearing the case, we discussed at length with the Executive governor even though he’s not in town. He was really worried. The security outfits in the state have already swung into action even before the instruction of the governor.

READ MORE  Ortom backs Southern Governors on rotational Presidency, ban on open grazing

“We are not going to leave any stone unturned about this issue and this has even opened other issues for us to indulge in when it comes to similar issues. We’ll redouble effort to make sure that such occurrence did not occur again,” said Gawuna.

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Adeleke’s win signals growing rejection of APC, says Adebutu

By Lateef Ibrahim The 2026 Osun governorship election has been...

2027: Jigawa PDP signals more candidate changes as party courts defections

By Musa Baba Adamu with agency report   The Peoples...

Osun Poll: Yiaga Africa flags BVAS failures, security gaps ahead of 2027 polls

By Jude Opara The 2026 Osun governorship election has exposed...

Atiku moves to consolidate ADC in Adamawa, charges candidates on grassroots mobilization

By Musa Baba Adamu Former Vice President and presidential candidate...