We’ll take the fight to criminal elements, vandals— FCT NSCDC boss

Date:

By Tobias Lengnan Dapam

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Olusola Odumosu said the corps is ready to take the fight to the doorsteps of criminal elements and vandals in the FCT.

The commandant stated this on Wednesday in Abuja, while declaring open a 3-day trining for 280 men drawn from Area Command Divisions, Departments and Units.

Odumosu said the training is timely, considering the security challenges in the FCT.

“There are myriad of challenges that require your attention in the FCT. We believe that this training will provide officers with skills to deliver on the mandate of the corps.

READ MORE  Taraba pensioners laud gov Kefas for pay-rolling 1134 retirees

“The minister of FCT, Nyesom Wike had already given us a marching order to rid the FCT of criminal elements. On our part, we have no excuse for failure. The training will refresh our skills and ability to deliver on the assignment.

“We also know that the Commandant General’s mandate is training and retraining. We will not fail him and the corps as a whole. We must do our best and continue to learn every day. Training will help us stand out amongst other security agencies.

“I urge you to be deligent in the discharge of your duties.”

He said a lot is expected from the corps, saying all officers must do their best to ensure safety of lives and property in the FCT.

READ MORE  2 civil servants bag 105-year jail term for fraud

“You would observe that the stealing of manhole in the FCT has reduced due to our activities.
We have ensure 24hours patrol.
So far, we have arrested 85 scavengers and other criminal elements under the guys of being homeless. They perpetrate the evil in the night when people are sleeping.

“I have ordered the Unit Commandant to clear the FCT of ‘Babanbola’ and other criminal elements.

“This training should not go without the necessary impact on you. Pay wrapt attention so as to get the proper knowledge that the training will offer. Be professional in your weapon handling, as I will not tolerate accidental discharge.”

READ MORE  CVR: Over 3.5m Nigerians registered online within 3 weeks

Speaking earlier, John A. Stephen, the Armed Squad Unit Commander in the FCT, thanked the Commandant for his support.

He said they will always do their best to rid the FCT of criminal elements.

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

NAPS Awards ‘Icon of Peace’ to DSS DG Ajayi, Passes Vote of Confidence

By Femi Oyelola, Kaduna The National Association of Polytechnic Students...

Sultan of Sokoto Congratulates Maryam Dan’azumi on Winning International Qur’anic Competition

By Bashir Rabe Mani, Sokoto The Sultan of Sokoto and...

Zamfara: Army, Civil Defence Renew Partnership to Tackle Insecurity

By Ibrahim Sidi Muh'd, Gusau The Nigerian Army and the...

Insecurity: Tambuwal, Dasuki Seek More Security Resources for Sokoto

By Bashir Rabe Mani, Sokoto Former Sokoto State Governor and...