Mercy Aigbe reacts to husband’s beating story

Date:

Popular Yoruba actress, Mercy Aigbe Gentry, has denied the viral reports that her husband was recently beaten to a pulp, Nigeriafilms.com has said.

According to the Actress, the report shocked her when she came across it, wondering what those behind the rumour wanted to achieve in the first place.

It would be recalled that report went viral on the online media platform that Mercy’s husband, Lanre was recently beaten mercilessly by one of Governor Mimiko’s special aides, Bashorun Akinloye Akinboni, on November 26, 2014 at his hotel premises in Ikeja, Lagos in the presence of Gospel artiste, Atorise and popular Yoruba movie presenter, Segun Adisa.

READ MORE  Africa’s Voice on the Global Stage. DJ Cuppy leads the conversation as the first Nigerian to host an opening session at UNGA

The same reports further claimed that Mr. Bashorun allegedly got angry and carried out the act on realizing that Mercy Aigbe’s husband had tried to play a fast one on him.

The bone of contention behind the fight was that Mr. Bashorun had rented an apartment from Mr Gentry only to find out after payment that the same house had been rented to Gospel singer, Atorise.

“So when Bashorun Akinloye Akinboni went to his hotel last night and coincidentally met Atorise there, an argument ensued and Bashorun Akinloye Akinboni lost his temper and pounced on Larry Gent beating him to a Pulp.

READ MORE  Sexual abuse: R Kelly bags additional 20 years jail term

When the beating got too much and blood was gushing from all his body, Atorise took to his heels, leaving the venue in one piece. Right now, he has bandage on his legs, arms,” the report claimed.

Contradicting the story Mercy refuted the reports and insisted it was nothing but a false rumour to tarnish their images.

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

We’re saving future of Nigerians, not foolish, Ogun NDLEA Commander replies Sowore

The Ogun State Commander of the National Drugs Law...

Tinubu Orders National Threat Assessment, Strategic Defence Plan 

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the immediate preparation...

MAN Urges Kano Govt to Fast-Track Electricity Reform, Tax Harmonisation

By Augustine Aminu The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN),...

States Well Funded Under Tinubu, Says Gov. Aliyu

From Bashir Rabe Mani in Sokoto Sokoto State Governor, Ahmed...