From Yakubu Mustapha Minna

The out of court settlement requested by the counsel to the governor of Niger State, over the case between Niger State government and Baddegi FM Minna has suffered setback as the government refused the out court settlement.
Earlier, the Counsel to the respondents Jacob Johnson Usman SAN had on Monday,the 25th, August,2025 informed Justice Mohammed Mohammed a vacation Judge of Minna High Court No 4, that the Niger State government has opted for an out of court settlement.
But in the resumed hearing of the case, number NSHC/M/0296/2025, which was filed on Tuesday,the 5th August 2025 the senior advocates announced that there is a moved for out of court settlement in the matter.
He further informed the court that he had earlier informed the counsel to plaintiffs Barrister Philip Emmanuel that “I have had a discussion with my clients the governor of Niger State and Attorney General of the Niger State, that we need to resolve the matter and he agreed.
At the resumed hearing to report back to the court on the out of court settlement earlier slated for Wednesday, 3rd September,2025 the counsel to the plaintiff Barrister Philip Emmanuel told the court that the out of court settlement has failed.
However, the counsel to the plaintiff, Barrister Philip A.O also told the court that the out of court settlement has failed which they are still exploiting another means of resolving the matter out of court.
Consequently, the Presiding Judge Justice Mohammed Mohammed held that if the out court settlement has failed, the case file will now be sent back to the Chief Judge to re-assign the case.
.

READ MORE  Niger: 3 Divisional Police Officers bag media awards

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here