Gov. Zulum to rebuild Borno’s NYSC permanent orientation camp

Date:

By Muhammad Maitela, Damaturu

The Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Zulum, has reaffirmed his commitment to supporting the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) by rehabilitating and expanding the permanent orientation camp in the state.

Governor Zulum made this known while receiving the Director General of NYSC, Brigadier General Yusha’u Ahmed, and his team during a courtesy visit at the Government House in Maiduguri on Friday.

The NYSC orientation camp resumed in the state in 2023 after a 12-year suspension and is currently using the Umar Mustapha Elkanemi Arabic School as a temporary site.

He assured that the state government would increase its support to the scheme and fast-track the construction of a permanent site to accommodate more corps members.

READ MORE  PFIPC scandal: Only independent inquiry acceptable, says ADC

The governor commended the invaluable contributions of medical corps members in the state and emphasized the need for graduates in science-related fields, including physics, Mathematics and English to help strengthen Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education in secondary schools.

He also expressed gratitude to the NYSC leadership for facilitating the return of the orientation camp to Borno State, noting that this move has significantly reduced the hardship faced by corps members who previously had to travel to other states for their orientation.

The Director General of NYSC, Brigadier General Yusha’u Ahmed, said that his visit aimed to assess the welfare and orientation camp facilities for corps members in Borno and other North-East states.

READ MORE  School resumption excites students in Plateau community ahead of WASSCE

He lauded Borno State Government for its unwavering support of the scheme.

Never miss a moment! Get the stories shaping Nigeria, delivered straight to your phone. Follow Peoplesdaily Newspaper on WhatsApp for breaking news, exclusive reports, and the headlines everyone will be talking about, before anyone else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

TODAY'S e-PUBLICATION

Popular

More like this
Related

Sokoto ADC governorship candidate mourns boat accident victims

From Bashir Rabe Mani in Sokoto The Governorship Candidate of...

Sokoto Boat Accident: Death Toll Rises to 47

From Bashir Rabe Mani in Sokoto Fourty-seven bodies have so...

2027: PDP candidate, Galadima outlines agenda for healthcare, infrastructure, peace in Wukari/Ibi

By Stanley Onyekwere Mukhtar Usman Galadima, popularly known as...

Sokoto boat accident: At least 40 bodies recovered

By Reuters Bodies of victims of a boat accident lie in...